Day Out: Royal Leamington Spa Food & Drink Festival

5:00 pm

Over the weekend my family and I headed down to Leamington Spa for the day to attend their annual food festival. We don't live very far from Leamington and its one of a few places we frequent regularly, purely because it is such a beautiful town with a lot of things to do, places to see and some of our favourite places to eat. The Leamington Spa food festival is somewhere that I had never been to before so I didn't really know what to expect, but my parents assured me that it was something that I would not want to miss! And they were most certainly right!


We arrived at the festival to be greeted with a wide variety of different food and drink stalls, ranging from Thai to Mexcian and from British to Italian. There were stalls selling cakes, cheese, meats, cocktails - any type of food you can think of, there was a stall for it! A few personal favourites were the "spiral potatoes" a kind of potato on a stick, (doesn't sound amazing, but trust me, just wait for the photo!) and churros (which I am an absolute sucker for and have been for as long as I can remember!). There were also a number of Pimms stalls dotted around which kept us nice and hydrated (not to mention slightly tipsy) throughout the day, which fitted perfectly with the glorious late summer sunshine! 

Add in the fact that there were also local musicians playing live music from the bandstand, live cookery shows and competitions and the fact that the weather was absolutely wonderful, the day was a success to say the least! The fact that the weather was so nice made for some beautiful, bright and colourful photos that I just had to share! 



(cheeky...)






For more information on the event and to keep an eye out to attend next year, head over to www.leamingtonfoodfestival.co.uk for details!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Instagram

Popular Posts